Saturday 29 March 2014

Equal Marriage

At last, something positive that is spreading across the news this morning! On this day- 29th March 2014, at 12 midnight, same-sex marriage became legal in England and Wales. FINALLY!
It's so good to see David Cameron so on board with this amazing revolution! Earlier on today he tweeted "Congratulations to the gay couples who have already been married - and my best wishes to those about to be on this historic day."


In my opinion, in the world we live in, in a world full of hatred, where strangers fight to the death over things such as religion, power and money, why should love not be celebrated. Love of ANY kind- whether it's a man loving a man, a woman loving a woman, a man loving a woman, or a woman loving a man. LOVE IS LOVE and it has been that way for generations. I am a strong believer that love of any kind should be recognised, praised and honored. 

In previous times, why did we stop love yet provoke hate? Answer me that!
I've seen the hashtag #equalmarriage trending and taking over twitter this morning. When scrolling through my newsfeed I couldn't help but then go onto the hashtag and read some of the posts. To see people so excited over something that should have happened years ago has really made my day, however I still do not agree with the fact it has taken this long- but at least it's happened!! Here are some examples of a few tweets which stood out to me:


This tweet from @HanbeeMrussell made me feel quite sad although very happy when I read it. Knowing that she has met the love of her life and has never been able to pursue it before today and has in fact felt that she hasn't been 'whole' within her family is an awful thought, one of which no one should have to go through. Today is an amazing day and I hope that Hanbee has an amazing future ahead of her!






Agreeing with @IkmsLouise and @JonoCaddy here, I am extremely proud to be British right now and it IS about time, what on earth have we been waiting for? Today is a day where everyone can come together to celebrate LOVE and the power that it has over us. Love has been able to change the law- what else can it do?! 

The image below made me speechless, this picture sums up everything that is right about today in a few words. Take a look:

I could not agree with this any more if I tried. Marriage is marriage, whether you are gay or straight, we shouldn't be divided by our sexual orientation, just because you are gay it does not mean that everything you do becomes 'gay'. Today is a day that will go down in history.

Today is a good day and will be remembered by many!
LOVE is LOVE #Equal Marriage

Liv x

No comments:

Post a Comment