Saturday 25 January 2014

Term 2

So as you all know I am in my second term of my second year of Southampton Solent University; studying Public Relations and Communication and I haven't really updated you all on my recent achievements.

So before the Christmas holidays we were set two tasks;
One was to create a 'Workshop Plan' for a business called Fluffy Orange PR who wanted to move to China.
The other was to create a digital campaign for Welch's grape juice to drive more traffic towards the website with the PR Agency Five by Five.
When returning back to Uni we had to present our ideas and plans. So on the Tuesday of returning we had our first presentation (Fluffy Orange) which went extremely well and we received a 1st grade which I was beyond ecstatic with, extremely proud of myself and my group I worked with!
On the Friday we then presented our Digital Campaign idea to Naomi who generously came in From Five by Five to watch all of them. Our idea was that 'Get Wiggy with Welchs', where there would be a competition running on their website where you would upload a picture of yourself and add a clip art wig onto the photo and submit it; you would then be entered into a prize draw to win a selection of health hampers (incorporating Welch's partnership with Heart UK- The Cholesterol Charity).
We decided to wear wigs during our presentation; supporting our own idea. We also gave Naomi as well as our course leaders who were marking us Rubix Cubes stating that we had just solved their problem.
We did the presentation in front of the whole course as well as Naomi and my two course lecturers. It was one of the best experiences I have had and has made me feel so much more confident, having a live client in front of you makes it feel so much more professional and real.
There was an award up for grabs and to our surprise we won 'Best Welch's Pitch'. It was a great achievement for us and we were very grateful for Naomi's decision. It was an absolute pleasure to meet her as well as work with her.

This is the picture of us winning our certificate


No comments:

Post a Comment